It’s Friday, folks, and you know what that means… GrabBag!!!
- I know I have a
badhabit of posting a lot of “Let It Go” covers here. Well to change things up a bit, here’s a couple versions of Pharrell Williams’ “Happy,” which very nearly stole the Oscar win out from under the Disney anthem. Up first we have Stewie and other Family Guy characters…
- And then there’s this absolutely stunning looped-trombone version you just have to hear to believe…
- Smosh brings us 22 Hilariously Blatant Uses of Product Placement.
- On the subject of marketing, ever notice how so many ads for large corporations look just the same? Yeah you’re not the only one.
- IO9 compiled this list of upcoming genre movies that aren’t sequels, remakes, or reboots. It’s a long list, but there’s a few interesting gems in there…
- This is cool: a collection of audition clips for some very recognizable actors and roles. (The “before they were famous” part is a bit of a stretch, though. Plenty of these actors were famous before the auditions in this video.)
- Graph TV lets you chart the ratings (critical, not viewership) of any TV show you want, episode-by-episode. Try it out on your favorite show! It’s fun to see trends throughout a series’ entire run.
- And finally, the Onion’s ever-poignant (read: hilarious) film reviewer set’s his sights on the new film Divergent.
That’s all for this week. Have a great weekend, and tune in next Friday for another GrabBag!